Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 35

Monday, October 19, 2015

Hi Mom!

I am very fine on this lovely Philippines day! It rained all Friday, Saturday, and then like, when the wind blows, it rains and it rains.... I think the Philippines weather is more messed up than Utah weather! But thats ok :) I love it here! So yesterday was my 8 month mark.... I kinda don't believe it.... I really don't want to believe it! It has gone by so fast! I love it here, and I was thinking earlier, that I kinda don't want to go home! I have an amazing companion, and amazing kabahays, and this is an amazing area! It will be a hard transfer.... I think Goa will always be my favorite area... I think just because of how I have grown here, and what has changed about me, and all of the things I have done here on my mission here in Goa. It will be really really hard. I kinda feel like a pressure to continue to work my hardest here in Goa, because I know that the next time I come back, I won't be a missionary :'(

I have an amazing companion that helped me realize yesterday what I really need to focus on to continue to change and become better. And then it all made sense, and I was like, Oh yeah! I really do need to work on that, this is what will change everything and make this experience even better!

Sister Lorna and Brother Roberto are absolutely amazing! So on Thursday we were there, and I think that brother had been lasing, drinking... Pasensya sa Taglish ko... Hehehe... so we didn't teach him, but we taught their nephews, and man, is this whole family just amazing! So this one nephew, he is 13, Albert is his name, and we had taught him like 3 times now the Restoration, becuase he keeps bringing new friends to listen, and so we keep reviewing the Restoration! So Sister Lorna said that Albert had a question, and his question was, how will you know  your answer? We kinda sat there and looked at each other for a second like Oh My Gosh! So we taught about prayer, and it was such an amazing lesson! And then we taught Lorna about the temples! So we started and then we showed her a picture of the temple, and we asked what it was, and she said a church and we said, close. This is the temple in Manila! And her face just lit up! Then she said that she has a long way to go before she gets to the temple, and then to the family sealing, and we said, not really, and when you go through the temple, and are sealed as a family, we will both come back, and we will be there with you in the temple! She was sooooo happy! I felt after that lesson, that it doesn't really matter anything else, even if I am not here when she is baptized, she knows that this is true, and she knows where her goal is! They have 4 kids, Jona, 8, Ella, 6, Lor John, 3 and Chris Ann, 14 months! I love this family so much! I love that whole compound! There are so many little kids there and they all call us Ate Sister! I love it! I will miss being Ate Sister...

We have a ton of new investigators! It is amazing how it is just faith that is making this area beautiful! So on Tuesday last week, we had exchanges! It was actually pretty awesome! I worked in the STL's area, and they worked in our area. It was a good break! So during evaluations sister McGrath said that it was so cool to see the progression in this area. She was here for 4 1/2 months, and she said she was really tempted to tell president to close the area, because there was no hope for it, but I was trained here, and it was ok. And then when I found out that I would kill Sister Saua, and kinda felt out the rest, I knew that I had to change my attitude, I knew that I had to be happy here in Goa, and that this is where I needed to be and that my work here was not done.... It completely changed, and it is where it is now because of the attitude and the faith of my companions! I know that is why it is still open, and that it is an amazing area now! Two hours is not long enough to tell you all about the investigators or the lessons, or even be able to express half of the miracles in this area right now!

So this other investigator is amazing we have taught her three times now, and she is really progressing, now all she has to do is come to church! So we taught her older sister and then we asked this investigator to share what she remembers about Joseph Smith, and the look in her sister eyes as she talked was so happy, and it was absolutely amazing! They have baptismal dates for December 12.

Rose Marie is still progressing! She will be baptized on October 30, and so will Nadine! Nadine is a child of members and so it will be wonderful to have her dad baptize her and Rose Marie! I am excited!

So beyond that, nothing to exciting this week! Oh! There was another huge spider last night! We got some good pictures :) I am sending them to you right now, and then I did a lot of my laundry! Yay Sister Nelson!

I love being a Sister Missionary, and I love where I am, and who I am and what I know and that I get to share the best gift with every one I meet and see and love! It is an amazing gift! I love this gospel and I know that it is true! I love my Heavenly Father and I know that He lives and that He loves us and is so happy when we make the right choice!

In my personal Study yesterday, I read a quote by Elder Anderson from the Priesthood session, Because I printed like the little picture quotes for my wall, and it says, "Your faith will not grow by chance but by choice." And then I realized that it is true not just about faith, but about every little thing, it will not change by chance, but it will change by choice. It applies to changing our nature, our faith our behavior, about the change to become more like our Father in Heaven! It is so amazing! I love it! And because we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ, We have the ability to change and to grow. What an amazing blessing we have and that we have the ability to share it! I love it so much!

I love you all sooo much! I miss you all! I hope that you have an amazing week!

Love "Ate" Sister Emma Kate Nelson!

No comments:

Post a Comment