Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 39

Monday, November  16, 2015

Hi Mom!!!!!!

I am happy on this fine Philippines day! It is a little hot... Ha ha ha..... The ward is a ward... Thats all. I will just continue to smile and to be happy, and to try my very best to support the leaders and the people that I know that Heavenly Father has called to be His leaders here in this Ward. I will continue to sustain them, and do my very best to have a positive and happy attitude, and to have faith, hope, charity and love, because that is the key to every little problem that we have in life. We have to Love What Comes and move on with our lives, and just think that this challenge is just making me more flexible, and I just have to go with the flow. It is a pretty good life when we do that. Just think about what Heavenly Father wants us to learn from this experience and go with it :)

We had interviews this week, and last week I told you that I called President right because I was elected as the oldest... Anyways, so I go into my interview, and President says to me, he said, "I don't know what you are doing over in Milaor, but you are doing a great job. The ward might not change, but I thank you for what you are doing in your apartment." I then told him that I wasn't doing anything, but that I was just going to work and being positive and just doing my hardest everyday. And then we get punted and then our numbers are down, and yeah... Anyways it was a really good interview.  I cried because I am so happy that I am here on a mission and because I love being a missionary, and I love everything about missionary life, it was worth going through training and not knowing Tagalog, and everything in-between to be here and to be who I am today!

So my Kasama is amazing for only being half way through training, and for it being a white wash! I see a lot of myself in her, and it is kinda funny, because the things that I didn't like to do while I was in training are the things she doesnt really like to do, so I kinda know how to help her, and all of that... It is kinda weird, and I love her tons and tons, and she has such a firm testimony in this gospel and she knows why she is here and she loves the people :) I know that this transfer is right. I know that I am meant to be here, I know that my visible work here might be very small, but the growth in me will be huge, and my love for a ward will be a lot bigger and my love for missionary work will be a lot bigger too :) I am just happy!

So Nanay Elizabeth..... Well this whole week, we haven't been able to teach her, and it has been hard, because I have been worried that she would smoke, and that she would have to have her baptism extended again... So I have been praying that she is ok, and then yesterday she didn't come to church because she harvested rice.... I hope that she is ok...

Then we just replenished our teaching pool, because everyone hid from us, and so we were like cool! So we OYMed a lot this week, but we found some amazing new investigators! I hope that this week is a little better and that we can teach a little bit more rather than just planting... But then again planting is harder than harvesting :)

I love the story of Ammon, I love Alma chapter 26, that is what gave me the strength to do this work this week.  I know that this church is true, and that Father in Heaven lives and loves us! I know that He wants what is best for us! I know that sometimes he gives us things that we feel like we can't handle, and yes that is true, we can't, at least not by ourselves. We need Him! We can do all things through Christ because He lives! We have the Atonement in our lives and we can become clean and pure, and live with Him again, if we have Faith, Hope, Charity, and Love. I know this to be true!

I am glad for all of you :) I am going to be honest.... I don't want to come home.... I will take every trial here in the mission  field.... That will be one trial I don't really want to face.... Like I know that I have nine months left... but I don't want to leave! I love you all so much! I hope that you all have a good week! 

I love you!

Love, Sister Emma Kate Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment