Saturday, May 7, 2016

Week 61

Monday, April 18, 2016

Hi mom!!!!

I am good!!!! I am sooo happy, but sad on this day of transfers.... My ate is going home..... She goes home to Bacolod..... She is happy, but sad too. I will miss her, but It is ok, Kaya ko :). My new companion is Sister Eteru!!! I am excited!! She is from Samoa and is amazing :) I am so exicted to be her companion!!!! I hope that I will die in Daet.... I don't want to leave! But we will see what the Lord has in store for me :). I have a feeling that I will "Die" here in Daet, but who knows :). When I am in Naga, I either stay with the STLs in Naga or with the Naga Sisters.... tonight I will stay with the Naga Sisters :). I go home to Daet tomorrow :) It will be a fun ride :)

This has been a crazy week :). We had one Sister Hospitalized because she has pneumonia...? I hope that you check my spelling before you put it on the blog.... I still don't know how to spell in english..... I can do better in Tagalog..... Tagalog is normal... :). I struggled yesterday talking to Sister Reeder..... I couldn't say what I wanted to in English and if I spoke Tagalog she would just look at me and be like.... 😶 Pero! She understood that  I was incapable at the time of speaking English, so Sister Makilan Translated for me :DDDD.

But while I am on yesterday!!!! It was absolutely amazing!!!! like really though.... So Elder Hyime was there, he is a part of the area Presidency and he is amazing!!!!!! I love him! Anyways as he was talking, he talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy. And If you haven't noticed, they have been really pushing keeping the Sabbath day holy, and Yesterday, Elder Hymie told us why. He said something like this... The First Presidency has been wondering how to have more multi generational families in the church. And so they prayed, and that was the answer, to keep the Sabbath day holy. This will connect families and it will help testimonies and it will create firm foundations for the rising generations. Then he shared a story about him and his wife and his wife's family. They had been married for about 20 years and his wife's sister was about to be sealed in the temple, and he saw his father-in-law crying, and as he looked around the sealing room, he saw why, he saw all of his father-in-laws children with their spouses in the sealing room waiting for their youngest sibling to be married for time and all eternity. This is the desire of the First presidency. Is for members to be worthy to be sealed in the temple and to raise the generation that will prepare the church to hand over to the Lord. I thought that it was amazing and powerful!!!! That this simple thing, the Sabbath day, can make such a difference in the lives of members :).

But the Sister that is in the hospital is ok now, she has been there for about three days and will hopefully be ok tomorrow to go back to her area. Sister Makilan and I have been so busy that she hasn't really had time to be trunky! HAhahaha her last two weeks have been absolutely amazing!!!! our poor area, but it is ok, because it is for the sisters :).

This week I got to work in Mecedes! This is the area of the Sister that is sick, and we went to one lesson and it was to a less active that has had sooo many problems these last couple weeks. Like sooo many bills and so many sicknesses that they aren't able to come to church and just sooo much! Well it was one of the most amazing experiences of my mission :) To tell them of Gods love for them and to tell them that this is not the time to give up on the church, but the time to draw closer to him and to trust him! I know that it is hard and that life is rough sometimes, but we can do it.

I love you all and I hope that you have a good week!!!

Love Sister Emma Nelson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment