Thursday, May 28, 2015

Week 14

Monday, May 25, 2015

Hi Mom!

This has been a really fast week for me! I think it will go faster as I get farther into my mission. Knowing that my first six weeks in the field are up, it will fly by. I was thinking this week of how much I missed you guys, but it didn't hurt, it was a I miss them, but I will see them again feeling, and I was excited to keep going and to work my hardest! 

Sister Gregorio and I have been feeling much better this week, although, this lovely sickness has gone around the district. It started with the Zone leader, then his kabahay, and then us, then the other Elders house, and now our Kabahay, we are a true family. Hahaha! 

We had a lot of investigators at church Yesterday! And a ton of less actives too! It made me really happy! Also, I set a goal not to cry yesterday, and I made it! No tears! I felt like a mother yesterday, I had a ton of kids sitting on both sides of me, and I was just telling them to be quite.... It made me smile :) The kids love me just because I am white and Blonde. A lot of them only speak Bicol, so I am trying to learn some words to better understand them. I am also trying to understand Tagalog too. I get really frustrated sometimes when I don't understand, but then I remember that I just started learning it 12 weeks ago. Conversational stuff is a struggle too. Like, trying to know what is normal, what to ask about, how to respond and to hold a conversation. It is hard for me in English, now doing it in a another language is almost impossible.... but from what I studied last night in personal study, Lehi is talking to his son Jacob, and he says, "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things." it answered my prayers as to why I was struggling, and why I had to learn another language, and why good lessons and not so good lessons. If there was no bad anything, there would be no good anything. It helped me feel good in knowing that I am ok, and that I am human. The Lord loves us and answers our prayers. It was an amazing tender mercy of God. 

We are looking for new investigators. A lot of the ones we have are progressing, and getting baptismal dates, and others just are not interested. So it is testing my language skills in OYMing, and in how to begin teaching. Both huge struggles. But I have an awesome companion that is soooooooo incredibly patient in helping me and in trusting me with these people. 

We have investigators with a Baptismal date, and they are great, I will have my first baptism in July! We could have had some in May, but they are not married yet! So that's cool.... Um. I was hoping and praying for one before sister Gregorio goes home, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I can still pray though! Brother Lorenzo and his granddaughter Julianne are in July. They are truly awesome, and ready! 

Esther and her family, are not really interested anymore.... they are very catholic, and have their own chapel.... I am so sad about this.... but there are more, and no effort is wasted.... but beyond that, no new investigators.

It has been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking hot, I cant wear my glasses, because they slide off my face, so I wear contacts all the time. I get cold at night sometimes, when I cool down and then I have a fan that blows on me all night long. It is fantastic! I really miss feeling dry, and being able to wear a sweatshirt, I miss my sweatshirts.... It is nothing like Georgia... at least not that I can remember. 

I am so glad that everyone at home is good! I am glad that Spencer is doing better! I am so excited for Andrews Eagle Project.  Yay Esther! I love her and miss her tons, like I do everyone else! I have missed playing games at lunch... Like a lot and I am really bad at explaining games like 31, and farkle.... so I just play solitaire sometimes. We have a deck of cards in our apartment, and I don't really know why, but I just play with them.

The Payson Temple is beautiful! I can't wait to go inside!!!!! It looks huge!  I miss the food at home. I need you to send me a couple recipes, the Tuna salad one, the no bake cookies, and the chicken salad with the ramen, noodles. I need more food options that I know how to cook. It is a real struggle and I am tired of Pasta. eww.

I love you mom! I pray for all of you all day, and I miss you all tons and tons! But in 15 Fast Sundays, I will be home! 

Love you!

Love Sister Emma Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment