Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 9

Monday, April 20, 2015

Hi mom!!!!!!!!

I want you to know that I love you, and that I am glad to have an email from you today! I miss you tons, and can't wait until I am home, and we can go shopping, and get a pedicure together! I will need one when I get home ;) you are my bestest friend, and I am glad that we have that relationship. 

Anyways. I am hungry this Monday morning,  which I shouldn't be because we had two dinner appointments last night, one with the bishops family, and one with other wonderful members in the ward.   All of the sisters in the ward are amazing, and I am grateful for them, because they want me to succeed. Sister Fe's birthday is today, so we are going to go buy cake for her, and I am going to sing happy birthday in Tagalog! Yay!!!! They are wonderful.

We have not yet converted the roosters and trees yet because of a language problem. It is worse than the one I have with the people!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

My stomach does not like rice..... which sucks for me, because that is all they eat here. So I just eat a little rice and a lot of water.  Because when I threw up, all that came up was rice, so yeah, I am just careful when eating. My ankles are good too! Just a lot of anti itch cream and neosporin, socks, prayers and a good nights sleep! The vitamins also make me sick..... soooo no. sorry mom. 

I like my contacts. If you have more send them, but I should be ok with what I have. Please send peanut butter (like the biggest, cheapest jar you can find) pretzels and ky, (Thats for sister Gregorio :) And some more crocks. size nine. please and thank you!!!! you are an amazing mother and I love you tons!!!!!

I am glad that everyone is good at home. Anyways yesterday while getting ready for church we were listening to a Jenny Phillips song, called I Am His Daughter, and I cried during that song, because I felt really alone when the line He is my strength when I stand, and I was just really sad, then we get to church, and I was asked to play the piano. Go figure, and to bear my testimony, in Tagalog. Before my testimony, I was reading the verses on my favorite hymn, How Firm a Foundation and how it gave me the strength I needed to get through the rest of church. I cried during my testimony, and so that was awkward. when I got home, I started my personal study with prayer like always, and I told Father how I felt and that I just needed peace and comfort to go about his work, knowing that all would be ok at home. I was expecting my answer to come through the scriptures, but it came through the hymns, three of my favorites, How Firm a Foundation, A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief and Master The Tempest is Raging. My love and testimony of the hymns has gown so much. Each of them helped in a way that I needed it to. I received the peace and comfort that I needed and I know that my Father in Heaven knows me, and cares for me more than I could have ever imagined before. I know that He loves me and loves all of us. I know that, and I am grateful for that knowledge. 

I am amazed at what I have learned this week. We got 101 OYMs, and from that we got at least 7 new investigators, one of them is a family, and the mothers name is Esther. I have decided that all Esthers are beautiful, but our Esther is the prettiest. I am excited to continue to teach them, and I hope that they will accept the gospel. We had most of our less actives at church yesterday, but no investigators. Please pray for sister Vicky and her husband, that they will have a desire to come to church and to get married so that they can be baptized. They have a 7 year old daughter, and she is so cute! 

I cant think of anything else.... Tell every one i love them! I know that this Church is true, and that through our Savior we can do all things. I love this gospel, and as hard as it is being away from you and dad, and Spencer, Andrew, and Esther, I can do it because this is where I need to be. I cannot imagine me being anywhere else. 

I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I will email next week!!!!!

Love sister Emma Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment