Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 8. The Philippines

Monday, April 13, 2015

Hi Mom!!!!!


My first week in the Philippines has been unforgettable. I went out on Saturday, and talked to one person., mostly because I threw up while out.. we were at a members house, and up comes all the rice I ate for breakfast, and dinner the night before. So I didn't have food for almost 36 hours. and I was great! Like I didn't struggle at all with the lack of food! 

On Wednesday we got on another plane, and flew to Naga. holy cows!!!!!!!!!!! sooooo stunning! no Typhoons or anything! It was great! We met President and Sister Reader! I love them so much! I know that I am meant to be here!

So we talked at the Mission home and then we got assigned with our trainers! We all got Native trainers. Her name is sister Gregorio. She is so sweet and cute, and is so willing to serve me!  We are in the area of Goa. It is so beautiful! We have some really far away areas, and they have some beautiful views. Next week I will have pictures of them. We joke some times as we are walking that we should start teaching the trees, rosters, chickens and dogs the gospel because one else is around. I love it! Sister Gregorio is the only member in her family out of her ten siblings. She is so strong, and I love hearing her testimony about her mission and the Savior. She is amazing and I am so grateful that she is my trainer.

I am still learning the peoples names and their needs. We have a lot of less actives and investigators that just don't come to church. All of the investigators could be baptized if they would come to church. So we are working on that. I am also still learning the language. I can understand my companion and house mates, but every one else I struggle with. I am working on it though..... Just pray that we can find people to teach this week. That is what we are going to focus on. 

I have had my first bucket shower, washing my clothes by hand, and first dinner appointment!!! Last night was really good, we had it with our zone leaders and a family in the ward. It was so much fun!!!!! We had pizza and lots of other things. Among them was ox tail, because the ZL told me what it was, I couldn't eat it. eww

I love teaching. I need to say more during lessons and being more bold in what I want to say. It has been such a crazy week!

I LOVE CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everything as a missionary is so much more spiritual! I learned so much, and can not wait to have a copy, and read it and mark it up! I loved sister Burtons talk, and the role of the father in the home, and I just loved Utchdorfs talk, and brother Neilsons. I also loved Elder Nelsons talk (you would not believe how many people have asked if I am related to him.....) and how we need to improve and how he is going to improve himself. HOLY COW!!!!!!

I love being a missionary! I love this work I love these people! I love everything. as long as I tell myself that it is normal, I am good! 

I love and miss you all lots! You are all so wonderful to me! I am so glad that Esther had a wonderful birthday! You are all so wonderful! I love you!


Love sister Emma Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment