Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week 4

March 14, 2014

Hi mom!

I miss you so much! sorry that this weeks letter was a kind of depressing... It was a difficult day for me. anyways, today will be better! 

It is so good to hear about what is going on at home. I love to know how you are all doing, I have missed my emails from the boys though... I love to hear from them what they have been doing, though I do know that they have their own busy lives ;) I  still love them no matter what. 

How is Esther this week? and how is my baby? I miss you all bunches!

thank you for sharing about President Uchtdorf, and Patience. that is something that I have to work on everyday here, because I feel like I should be progressing in the language faster than what I am, but I have to remind myself that I have only been her for four weeks, and that I am really good for being here for only four weeks... still working on that. 

where was Killee's baby shower at? I doesn't look familiar... i am glad that you had fun last Sunday, I was thinking about you and hoping that you were having fun!

This week has been a week of highs and lows. last Sunday really was just not fun. I felt really yucky, I had allergies, and a sore throat, and benadryl wasn't helping... I also got called two Sundays ago to do the music, like pick the hymns, and lead the songs, along with sister Baird. last Sunday we had to teach district meeting about faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement. 

I have a feeling tomorrow that we will be called as sister training leaders... that will be fun, and I will let you know!

So because I just could not handle this sore throat any longer, I prayed so hard that heavenly father would take it away from me, so that I could get up and function Monday morning, and not have to drug myself every few hours, trying to make it go away. within 5 minutes, I was gone, and I have been thanking him all week, because without him, it would have lasted for ever! 

Tuesday was the best day out of this week. for so many reasons.

1. I got to teach real Filipinos in Tagalog! So much fun I am ready to be there and be completely submersed in the work and the language! these are called TRCs, and this next week we get to start skyping Filipinos in the Philippines!

2. we got to go outside, on a beautiful day, and practice talking to people on the streets! so much fun, even though I am really bad at it... like i really struggled, and talking to people i has never been easy from me, let alone talking to people in a different country and in a different language than my own.. but because I am doing the lords work I will be blessed so that I can do all that I do not think that I can do.

3. we got to hear from Elder Quentin L. Cook!!!!! He was so amazing, and He made the day so much better. he talked about we are called as missionaries, and the wonderful process that it is to take place in. he talked about some of the feelings that he gets as he assigns missionaries to their missions. he also said to never second guess where you have been called to go. he then shared some stories about some of his missionary experiences. they were wonderful to hear and made the night so uplifting. he said that as long as we are inviting people to do something, we are doing our job as missionaries. 

after the devotional, we had a district meeting to talk about the devotional, and we had Brother and Sister Christopherson in there with us, and they reminded me so much of grandma and grandpa Casey. I can totally see them in a branch presidency at the MTC. It was so wonderful to be with them.

we wont talk about Wednesday, because I didn't like it.

Thursday was so uplifting. In class we talked about revelation through Church attendance, and why it is important that investigator go to Church. one of our teachers, Bother Kaka said that the Philippines has really bad Church attendance. he has also told us that they can get offended really easily. and the thought that came to me is something that you have taught me for a really long time: You do not go to Church for the people, you go to church for the Lord. Another thing that I realized that we go to church not only to partake of the sacrament, but to become more like Christ. It was a wonderful class, because all of us had really good ideas about why it is important, and I have some very amazing notes from that day.

Yesterday was just really long...

We have a couple new investigator, her name is Lucy, and his name is Renaldo... I think... We love Lucy and the spirit is so strong while we teach her! the same with Kristal. Renaldo asks some very interesting questions and we cant answer them in Tagalog. So we use them to be able to set up another appointment with him... Just so you know they are our teachers so... 

I am glad to hear about the fun  you and aunt Kimbie have! The kids are so cute!! I love the Aquarium, and I love the Pictures too! I am glad that Hannah liked the letter, I was just thinking about sending another one today. I miss that girl a lot, even though I am not home, and she dosen't live around us... 

I am so grateful for this gospel, and I am so grateful that I get to teach it everyday, and that I get to be apart of a wonderful work! I love all of my brothers and sisters everywhere. and I know that even though I miss all of you, I know that this is what I am meant to do! Give everyone big hugs for me!!!

I love you soooooo much! 
Love Sister Emma Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment